**Voting is now opened** 2009 Modding Contest

All about overclocking and modding techniques, how-to's and worklogs.

Moderator: CM Moderator

Should the CM Modding Contest 09 submission deadline be extended from 09/20/09 to 09/30/09?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:03 am

Yes
77%
No
22%

Total votes : 45

Re: **Voting is now opened** 2009 Modding Contest

Postby nicky_82uk on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:32 am

well said so true
nicky_82uk
Praetorian Soldier

Postby PaPang on Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:37 pm

masbuskado wrote:I don't really know if am doing the right thing but I have a good karma about life...!!!
but is like this if some else see a vote on you project they will want to know why somebody vote for you that is why I encourage all fellow modders to cast a vote to their own project... right now I don't really need to cast a vote on my project because is posted in almost 25 Modding Forum across the globe and I enter the competition looking for friendship like yours and other nice modders that I meet over here... prize is the last thing in my mind... there is not prize on earth bigger as when somebody comment on your log and like and understand the hard work put into it... I respect everybody so I can be respected aswell...

Modding is an universal language now but only those with a pure heart will understand!!!

Masbuskado... from New Mod City

You surprised me Masbuskado, well spoken and unexpected on my part to hear you say this, as bro nicky said. I guess we are wrapped up in mods literally. Kudos for deep thought, passion, friendship, learning and the search for the "right thing". You have my respects and admiration!

BTW, the rules state that one cannot vote for oneself, I just had not seen them. You and I can relax a little too as too many votes (abnormal amounts) will get a contestant and his mod disqualified! That was unexpected, I bet, and a slap in the face of "farming" and those that would discredit a prestigious contest by using it.

And sunny, before anything, the rules also state that the voting is secret. I know you can't contain yourself and are about to burst! Kidding, I know that some would want to know right away but we have to hold our horses, heheh. In a few more days we shall know. Now THAT is a cliff-hanger.

Saludos buds
Kick butt both ways: at the office and at home with Papang BizRigs!

Brought to you from Cancun, Mexico by http://www.modding.com.mx!
PaPang
Stacker Hacker

Postby chatnoir on Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:15 pm

vote objectively, consider that being inside is an achievement that more important :wink: all are great works worklog :cheers: The rating is difficult...and anxiety kills.
chatnoir
Vortex Dreamer

Postby nicky_82uk on Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:50 pm

Morning all seem very busy on the voting well one more day for me then i get my watercooling blocks back yeppy thats what really matter for me at the end of the day
nicky_82uk
Praetorian Soldier

Postby kharr on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:34 pm

i don't participate here very much, but i lurk alot, and i just casted my votes

next time i will join too, wether i win or not it's ok for me cause the most important thing for me is to be able to show my work, and this contest is just a bonus to my passion
kharr
Vortex Dreamer

Postby yAu on Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:37 am

Hi All,

Cooler Master has received all of your concerns, and our team is currently conducting reviews and assessments on whether there have been cheating activities for any mod entry. Appropriate actions will be taken as necessary.

Regarding the voting counts, the current numbers are only a small portion of votes that we expected to see by the end of the voting period. For the next 14 days, we will see a lot more votes being casted.

Therefore, please try to refrain from taking any excessive actions such as pulling out of the contest or making personal attacks against any modder. And thus, further inappropriate comments will be edited.
If you have any further concern, you can contact Cooler Master staff directly.

Thank you for your cooperation.
yAu
CM MKT

Postby Design_Master on Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:39 am

Yo guys, that's a pleasure to see so great rigs competing this year. Congrats all!

In case of complaining please post PM to yAu. I'm sure the CM team will provide all help you need and will ensure a fair competition. Remember this is a friendly contest.

Good Luck all! Really outstanding rigs! :wink:

Design_Master
LUMINA's Official Worklog:
http://luminacasemod.110mb.com/
Design_Master
Aerogate Geek

Postby yAu on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:05 am

Hi All,

If you have any concerns or info, please provide them directly to CM staff.
We are and will address all concerns as necessary.

yAu
CM MKT

Postby mstjuan on Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:12 pm

thanks for the person who votes for me at least i pleased some one
mstjuan
Centurion Officer

Postby FrenkieNL on Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:16 pm

mstjuan wrote:thanks for the person who votes for me at least i pleased some one

Yeah, so do I. Thanks ! ( no, it wasnt my mum ! ) :cheers:
FrenkieNL
Centurion Officer

Postby mstjuan on Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:28 pm

lol i had fun and got ideas. i will for sure participate in next years competition.
mstjuan
Centurion Officer

Postby yAu on Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:31 pm

Hi All,

A decision will be made on whether actions will be taken on reported potential cheating activities.
Thread will be locked until Monday, please direct all your concerns to our staff directly.

yAu
CM MKT

Postby yAu on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:34 pm

Hi All,

After an extensive reviews and discussion, our review staff had agreed on the following assessment:

• Mod entries from Vin621 (Cosmos VX), Cham_E_Lyon TPC (Revention Sileo 500), and sunnyXtremist (Satella) will be disqualified from this contest due to the below reasons.
• Legit voters for the above 3 mod entries will still be eligible for a chance to win prizes randomly selected from the voters pool.
• Votes casted for the above 3 entries, legit or not, will not be reoffered to the voters nor distributed to any other mod entries, and counted as dead votes.

1. An overwhelming amount of new accounts were created and voted for the above 3 mod entries within a short period of time. (more than double the total amount of votes were casted for the above 3 mod entries within the time frame of 1 hour, which is considered a result of an excessive promotional activity)
2. Many of the above accounts do not have a legit CM Forum account.
3. Almost all of the above accounts were found to be members from the same online community.
4. Our system detected many of the above accounts were created using the same or similar name, email, or address.
5. Warnings were issued during the voting period for submission deadline extension, but similar inappropriate promotional activities were carried on in this voting process.
6. Please also find below screenshots and links of reported and reviewed inappropriate promotional activities:
http://www.tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=93289&page=984
http://www.tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=93289&page=986
http://www.tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=195154&page=2
http://tantricmodz.com/node/28
http://omgili.com/

a. All new premium membership members listed on the same online community were found to have voted for the above 3 mod entries.
http://www.tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=93289&page=991
b. Vote supports from members of the same online community were found solely targeted for the above 3 mod entries. In addition, the modders were also asking for vote supports solely for the above 3 mod entries:

** We urge all participants to terminate any online promotional activities from this point on as they may escalate to be excessive promotions even without any such intention.

** This thread and all other Modding Contest Worklogs will be locked until October 15th, 2009. Please direct all your comments and concerns to CM staff directly through PM or email.

yAu
CM MKT

Postby yAu on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:13 am

Hi All,

Voting for the 09 Modding Contest has now ended, the final vote counts will be tallied and winners will be announced soon.

Thank you for your participation. :cheers: :bounce:
yAu
CM MKT

Postby yAu on Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:19 pm

Hi All,

Thank you all for the great participation. The final results are out!

Congratulation to the following winners of Cooler Master's 2009 Modding Contest, winners will be contacted by CM staff through email and forum PM:

Category 'Full Tower':

* Grand Prize Winner
Project Lunar Serenity by Agathyrno N. (asgneto) from Brazil

* 3 x "Best of" Prize Winners
Cosmos Dragon by Martin B. (thechoozen) from Germany
Lamborghini Cosmos by Nicolas B. (nicky_82uk) from Thailand
Krypto by Marc M. (Marcam923) from United States

Category 'Mid Tower':

* Grand Prize Winner
Mission by Jeffrey S. (slipperyskip) from United States

LaiThai Project by Apisit S. (AeGis) from Thailand
Urban Sniper by Bill O. (mnpctech) from United States
Cooler MaSteam-Punk by Jeremy B. (E.E.L. Ambiense) from United States

Category 'Unique':

* Grand Prize Winner
Morphius by Maciel C. B. (Maciel C. Barreto) from Brazil

The Big Boy by Miguel P. (Mpovh) from Brazil
Ovni/Ufo by Mike P. (PaPang) from Mexico
CypriUm by Arturo B. (masbuskado) from United States

** Special prizes will be announced here once the sponsors selected the according winners.
** There will also be secret prizes for 3 randomly selected winners from the voting pool.

Once again, Cooler Master would like to thank everyone who had participated in the contest. :bounce: :cheers:
yAu
CM MKT

PreviousNext

Return to Modding & Overclocking