COSMOS Official Forum - Performance Meets Silence

All about Chassis, Side Panel.

Moderator: CM Moderator

Postby ru7hl355 on Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:06 am

anyone running a Quad i this case and has it overclocked? just curious as to your temperatures and how you have your fans setup.

thanks
ru7hl355
Aerogate Geek

Re: COSMOS Official Forum - Performance Meets Silence

Postby hobbang819 on Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:37 pm

I have a q6600 running at 3.4ghz. It idles at 31 c and at 49 c under load. I have a tuniq tower 120 cooling the cpu. I moved the bottom fan to above the hard drives and put in another fan at the bottom.
hobbang819
LED Head

Postby Dark-Rain on Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:23 pm

I've had a really good read through this topic, and i can't see anyone reporting the same problem as me, so here goes.

I have 4 hard drives installed in this sort of configuration ( x represents a dirve and | is blank )
x | x
x | x

Now, the problem I have is that the whole case seems to be vibrating to the sound of the hard drives, and I get this really annoying pulsating noise. I've cut it down a bit by using foam padding on either side of the drive in the holders against the aluminium brackets, but I really don't think the case should be vibrating like this.

If anyone could help me figure out what is causing this I would be most grateful, thanks.
Dark-Rain
Praetorian Soldier

Postby hobbang819 on Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:31 pm

Dark-Rain wrote:I've had a really good read through this topic, and i can't see anyone reporting the same problem as me, so here goes.

I have 4 hard drives installed in this sort of configuration ( x represents a dirve and | is blank )
x | x
x | x

Now, the problem I have is that the whole case seems to be vibrating to the sound of the hard drives, and I get this really annoying pulsating noise. I've cut it down a bit by using foam padding on either side of the drive in the holders against the aluminium brackets, but I really don't think the case should be vibrating like this.

If anyone could help me figure out what is causing this I would be most grateful, thanks.

I had the same problem and found that the tray on top of the case was acting like a resonating board and made it worst, so I took some bubble wrap and taped it underneath the tray so that it contacted the metal underneath to insulate it. Thats just temporary until i get some sound deadening material, like dynamat.

I also just put in a different cooler for my video card and when I put it all together the sound magically disappeared. Hope that helps somewhat.
hobbang819
LED Head

Postby ncbhakta on Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:29 am

Hi, I am new to this forum. It's been a little over two weeks since I bought my cosmos. I like it so far except for one problem, and I hope someone can help me with it. My cosmos is giving off a smell, and I traced it to the dampening material on the side panels. The smell fills my entire room, and after two weeks it's not backing down. Is this normal? If so, how long does it take to go away? It seems silly for such a nice case to smell so bad.
ncbhakta
LED Head

Postby slugzkea on Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:34 pm

Guys, i just got the cosmos s 1100 and well, it wont' turn on.

if i use my antec 900's power sw and plug it into my mobo's cp, it turns on.

but if i use the cosmos s's power sw connector, and tap the sensor power button, it wont' turn on?!!!\

help!?
slugzkea
LED Head

Postby slugzkea on Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:23 pm

Nvm, the manual never stated that the adapter was needed to turn the bloody thing on, but it is needed.

Going fom the antec 900, my first impressions are not impressed. I installed extra 12cm tricool fans and reversed the 20cm fan to blow out on the side. So far, my temps are a LOT higher.

I'm going to install a few more 12cm fans in the front, to push more air through.

Any suggestions would be greatly apreciated, all slots at the top are full (3 12cm fans blowing out).
slugzkea
LED Head

Re:

Postby Shane Larocque on Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:03 am

Networx wrote:
Diego wrote:
kromex wrote:If you want to enhance the cooling performance on HDD module, you can change the default position of the bottom fan to the top of the HDD.

I've done this but now I don't have an intake fan at the bottom of the case as this change requires you to move the fan along with the fan carrier box in order to mount the fan above the HDDs. Where can I purchase another fan carrier?

I just got my new Cosmos. It is very impressive. About the HDD cooling: I tried moving the bottom fan to above the HD drives as suggested, but this was not possible since the 3.5 floppy "adapters" are on the way. I can't see any way of removing these.
By the way, where can you buy the fan bracket? (RA-1000-FBN1-GP)
I am in California.

See? From Southern Ontario (Eh!) to Southern California (Dude!) your customers want to know where to buy a $2.00 fan bracket. You should just send them out in the name of good customer service. I'd buy one if someone would tell me how to order the thing. Sounding frustrated? Just a bit.

has anyone have no info on why the web page says this under the 1000 page specs?

COSMOS 1000
(RC-1000)
** Free fan brackets will be provided for those with heat issue on HDD <<<<<<<<IE THIS I sure could use it.
Email page | Print | Comparison
Shane Larocque
LED Head

Postby ru7hl355 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:48 am

when i enquired about one becuase my raptor was getting too hot, i was told i needed to pay for it...so i just strapped a fan underneath it helped a bit but not happy that it says FREE and im told otherwise
ru7hl355
Aerogate Geek

Postby Starboykb on Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:03 am

ru7hl355 wrote:when i enquired about one becuase my raptor was getting too hot, i was told i needed to pay for it...so i just strapped a fan underneath it helped a bit but not happy that it says FREE and im told otherwise

I have been looking for bracket for a long time and i have still no idea who is going to supply me the bracket from Asia. I am willing to pay for it if i can find one.
Starboykb
Praetorian Soldier

Postby Diego on Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:08 pm

I found the RA-1000-FBN1-GP fan bracket at this California company:
http://www.sundialmicro.com/search_prod ... =&x=20&y=1
It is $12.99 plus shipping and taxes. Good luck.
Building my first PC using COSMOS chassis.
Diego
Aerogate Geek

Postby Fireheart on Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:43 am

You could also check with CM USA Parts Shop: http://cmusashop.coolermaster-usa.com/catalog/index.php What they don't have, they should be able to get easily.

Be Well!
Fireheart
Fireheart
Praetorian Soldier

Postby Silven on Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:37 am

Planning to get a black Cosmos S... I was wondering though if my Thermalright Ultra 120, 780i motherboard and q6600 would fit this case. I saw this rig where his Tuniq tower won't fit with his side panel closed, let alone the TRU120. If so, any good alternatives for a cooling solution? Thanks!
Silven
LED Head

Postby lazylunatic on Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:58 pm

hey guys, i'm new to this site.
i'm just wondering if someone can help me,
my Cosmos S won't start,
i have plugged in the pwrsw, and the atx 24pin adapter cable thing,
however i am still getting no light from the supposed frontpanel connections, nor
am i able to start the computer..

thx
lazylunatic
LED Head

Postby ryandinan on Thu May 01, 2008 10:31 am

Hi,

I too *thought* that I had an issue powering up the Cosmos S after I had moved in all my hardware, as I expected to see some sort of lights on the top I/O panel (like the power button glowing or something). Turns out, nothing lights until you touch the power button - THEN everything lights up.
If you can't get any response from the I/O panel, make sure you have your power switch cable (that goes to your motherboard header) orientated correctly. I had mine reversed at first (+ to ground, and ground to +). Also, another thing to check is to make sure you don't have any extra motherboard standoffs that are grounding your board. The diagram that was taped inside the case, showed that 10 standoffs were to be used for an ATX formfactor board. My Asus P5B only needed 6. Make sure that you dont have any extras under that board that aren't aligning with the holes in your motherboard.
Lastly, check to see if you get a power indication light on your motherboard. Most boards have them these days (mine has a bit green LED). If it's not lit, chances are you are either grounding your board, or your 24 pin power supply cable isn't properly seated.
Good luck!
ryandinan
LED Head

PreviousNext

Return to CASE