Centurion 5 LED connector help

All about Chassis, Side Panel.

Moderator: CM Moderator

Centurion 5 LED connector help

Postby static22 on Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:46 am

Hi, I'm new here...

I have an ASUS A8N5X motherboard and a Centurion 5 case. I have all of the motherboard components installed, and now I am trying to connect the front LED wires with my motherboard system panel connector.

I know where the LED cables connect to the motherboard, my issue is with the wires themselves. It does not say which orientation I should connect the wires. The wires have 2 pins, so I need to know which pin on the LED cable connects with which pin on my motherboard.

For example, the PWRSW connector on the mobo has 2 pins, one is for 'PWR' and one is for 'Ground'. How do I know which pin on the LED wire is for PWR and which is for Ground? Is the white wire for the Ground pin?

Also, I noticed that the heads have a side labeled 'KSP' with an arrow. What exactly does this mean?

It is kind of a silly thing to get hung up on, but this is my first build, and any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
static22
LED Head

Postby Infinity on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:15 am

PWRSW is probably for the power switch, not for the LED.

Switches don't matter which way you connect them, LED's only accept current in one direction, so connect them up, if they don't work connect them the other way, they won't come to any harm. :)
Forum Rules - Break them, and I'll break you.
Infinity
CM Wave-meister

Postby static22 on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:52 am

Ok, thank you for they reply, I really appreciate it 8)
static22
LED Head

Return to CASE