The Kung wrote:can't wait to get the new cosmos 2

You'll have to.
As it appears they meant October 2012.

:P
PhilipPalmer85
Aerogate Geek

Re: Release date of new 2011 Cosmos???

Postby Merthanon on Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:43 pm

How come Coolermaster does not say anything about this? At least give their supporters something to really expect??? :cry: :cry: :cry:
Merthanon
LED Head

Postby boredgunner on Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:50 am

heavy21 wrote:
Chainesaw wrote:Yep.. since October is damn near over, and not even a release date.. Any hopes I had of actually BUYING it this month are gone :(

Was in Japan last week and no 411 there either. Everyone is still waiting!! 8)

Cooler Master isn't a Japanese company. :)
boredgunner
CM Beta Tester

Postby Harkster on Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:04 pm

PhilipPalmer85 wrote:
The Kung wrote:can't wait to get the new cosmos 2

You'll have to.
As it appears they meant October 2012.

:P

I hope not. I am building a new computer come march if it is out or not.
Harkster
Aerogate Geek

Postby PhilipPalmer85 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:55 am

Is the cosmos ii ready yet? October is nearly up!!

Please and Thanks
PhilipPalmer85
Aerogate Geek

Postby heavy21 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:09 pm

boredgunner wrote:
heavy21 wrote:
Chainesaw wrote:Yep.. since October is damn near over, and not even a release date.. Any hopes I had of actually BUYING it this month are gone :(

Was in Japan last week and no 411 there either. Everyone is still waiting!! 8)

Cooler Master isn't a Japanese company. :)

Point is acknowledged, Coolermaster 's global presence emanates from Taiwan. What I should have said was that Japanese computerphiles are as anxious about the release date as anyone else and they're only two hours away from Taiwan by air and are being mushroomed also. 8)
heavy21
LED Head

Postby Chainesaw on Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:39 pm

Hey guys, it's me again..

Listen, November called.. wanted me to remind you guys that he's coming to town next week. Just FYI and all.
Chainesaw
Aerogate Geek

Postby footman on Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:07 pm

Just as well I'm not holding my breath. The HAF-X will do until this case is released.

Was looking at the Trooper but decided against, The HAF-X is a better case than the Trooper.
Footman
Asus P8Z68 V Pro
Core i7 3770K @ 4.7Ghz (Swiftech WB)
8gb Hyper X PC 1600 DDR3
254Gb Sandisk Extreme SSD
2x 2TB WD Black HDD
2 x EVGA GTX670 FTW (EK WB)
CM Silent Pro M2 1500W
NZXT Switch 810
Core i7 3770k and GTX670 SLI- 3DMark 11- 16,380
footman
CM Beta Tester

Postby PhilipPalmer85 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:51 am

footman wrote:Just as well I'm not holding my breath. The HAF-X will do until this case is released.

Was looking at the Trooper but decided against, The HAF-X is a better case than the Trooper.

Completely disagree... Trooper looks better, has more features, and Air cools just as well as the HAF-X

But more importantly Cosmos II? where are you in my life?
PhilipPalmer85
Aerogate Geek

Postby boredgunner on Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:05 pm

HAF-X has better water cooling support + an additional hot swap bay (both of which support 3.5" drives unlike the Storm Trooper) plus a GPU air duct. The Storm Trooper has more optical drive bays (if you don't use one of the HDD cages), a handle, fan controller, better side panel cooling, bigger CPU retention plate hole, two HDD/SSD cages plus another SSD cage, rotatable HDD/SSD cage, additional vertical expansion slot. It's a tradeoff I guess, both are awesome.
boredgunner
CM Beta Tester

Postby PhilipPalmer85 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:33 am

notoriousbigs wrote:It's our high end chassis so we're spending extra time and effort fine tuning the case before release.

Hey!

Any news on a release date yet?

Please and Thanks
PhilipPalmer85
Aerogate Geek

Postby Chainesaw on Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:32 pm

Seriously? October is now over, and STILL no release date. No details. No price. No ANYTHING.

Really disappointed.. been a CM fan for a long time and owned several cases personally and built more than a dozen for other people. It's always been my first recommendation to anyone that asks me about a new case.

It's been 2 months since the "Very soon" post by neverXmiss.. and still NOTHING. I'd at least respect you guys more if you said, "Sorry, entire production scrapped, starting over from scratch" or "Initial production was flawed.. had problems..redesign... cat's on fire" something .. ANYTHING would be better than nothing. I can find news and rumors on the case going all the way back to March and MPC featured it in their JULY issue.. Almost 4 months ago. Seriously, I would think you'd have at least a few more details you could share by now.
Chainesaw
Aerogate Geek

Postby ChrisB on Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:35 pm

I was hoping to build the MaximumPC 2011 Dream Machine this year, although its looking likely to be vaporware. Does anyone know if using the Storm Trooper case will give me any benefits/issues with airflow/cooling/capacity in comparison, or if there's an older model case that would suit better? I am hoping to run tri-SLI and position a Hydro H100. Or do I just wait?
ChrisB
LED Head

Postby PhilipPalmer85 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:54 pm

Does anyone from Cooler master read these forums??

If they looked at the number of views this thread has they may realise there are a fair few people who are actively seeking information on this product!!

What most companies should realise is that communication with their customer base is essential.

Putting out teaser photos, and pushing it through maximum pc's dream pc 2011, then giving no information for nearly 5 months is no way to encourage demand for a product.... another thing, technically, if its not released in 2011then it shouldn't have been part of the dream pc 2011.

Update: I received an email from CM Customer Services stating that January / February would be the probable release date for this chassis. My previous comments still stand...

Still I don't think it should take an experienced company like Cooler Master 7-8 months to get from prototype to release.... and they will be missing out on all the new Sandy Bridge E (SKT 2011) builds going on over Christmas time.

Cheers
Phil
Disgruntled Cooler Master Customer and Cosmos Enthusiast
PhilipPalmer85
Aerogate Geek

Postby notoriousbigs on Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:01 pm

Hi Everyone,

Yes we do read this forum. Yes we do value our consumers. Like i mentioned previously, this case is very complex and unlike anything we've done before. We're spending extra time and efforts to work out as much bugs as possible before releasing to the market.

We appreciate the patience from all of our fans who's been waiting for this case. We can assure you that when you receive the case, you will appreciate the extra time we've spent on perfecting the Cosmos II.

:D
notoriousbigs
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to CASE