Elite 335 Front Panel HDD activity

All about Chassis, Side Panel.

Moderator: CM Moderator

Elite 335 Front Panel HDD activity

Postby paulm2008 on Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:22 am

Good Morning

I have recently bought a CoolerMaster Elite 335 Case for a PC I'm attempting to build for a family member. All seems to be going well, however when I connect the front panel cables labelled HDD to the +/- HDD output pins on the Gigabyte motherboard then power-on the machine I do not see any LED blinking/flashing on the front panel. I would have expected an LED on the front to be marked with something indicating an association with the HDD. However there does not appear to be one. Does the HDD activity utlise the Power-on or reset LED - or is there actually a sperate LED on the front panel [If so I guess it has failed].

Any help answering this rather trivial question will be most appreciated. The family member in question is arriving tomorrow to pick up the machine

Hope everyone had an Excellent Christmas Day - Wishing you and all your family A happy and prosperous New Year.....

Regards

Paul
Q9450:StrikerIIFormula[1602]:4GB8500CL5:SLI-XFX8800GTX:3x500GB-WD HDD:831CM:KeyG15:MouseG5:Vista64Ult
paulm2008
Aerogate Geek

Re: Elite 335 Front Panel HDD activity

Postby neverXmiss on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:49 pm

We highly recommend that you file a part request for a new i/o panel. A new i/o panel will fix the problem and you don't have to pay for it. You can file a part request for it here:

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/partrequest.php

You will need your case's serial number which is located at the back of the case near the keyboard ports.
CPU: Intel Core i7 920 @ stock
CPU Cooler: CM V8
Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe
GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 260 SLI
RAM: Corsair XMS 3 GB Triple Channel + Crucial Ballistix 3GB
PSU: CM Silent Pro 700W
Case: Storm Sniper Black Edition
--------
NA Division Live Chat
neverXmiss
CMUSA Customer Support

Return to CASE