Stacker 830 - Odd Vibration Induced Noise

All about Chassis, Side Panel.

Moderator: CM Moderator

Stacker 830 - Odd Vibration Induced Noise

Postby aSASa on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:23 pm

I have had this noise for awhile, and its been gone lately, but today I added another fan on the side panel and it seems to have come back. It might have been there for awhile though. For a month or two, I had a window fan.. in my window.. set on max, which is quite loud. Just today I turned it off.

So, does anyone know where its coming from? If I put pressure on the: Front Door, Side Fan Panel, or Top* it goes away.

I notice that on my Stacker front door, the top magnet is connecting while the bottom is not doing anything [ If I open it, the bottom goes out a centimeter or two before the top one even budges. ] And on the side fan panel, the bottom lock clicks instantly upon closing while the top lock needs lots of pressure and for me to push it in all the way for it to snap itself shut.

So what do I do? This noise is pretty annoying, as its not a buzz, but more of a 'tapping' noise. This would fit my guess of it being the Front Door or Side Fan Panel, as the extra fans would transfer vibrations through them. If I touch the panel, its vibrating a bit. Not very bad at all, but its noticeable. On the Front, its also there, but very weak [ On the bottom of the door its a wee bit more violent. ]

I will try removing the two things and see if it goes away, and then individually - Tomorrow. So why did I post this now? So I don't forget to do so tomorrow. :P

♥ CM :) - Thanks for all your help so far, and for sending me 3, yes, 3 different motherboard trays to help my GPU problem. That is so impressive! 10/10 customer support, love you :D! ♥

*This reduces some of the noise unlike the other two which prevent all of it.

Oh, and sorry for all the mistakes in spelling and grammar up there. I went through once editing out lots of problems already, but I'm tired, so I probably missed a million more ;). :oops:
aSASa
Vortex Dreamer

Re: Stacker 830 - Odd Vibration Induced Noise

Postby EsaT on Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:38 pm

Some fan is probably bad... also there's possibly some loose between some parts.
That combination causes rattling noise.

First thing to do is find and change that quilty fan, after that it's time to remove loose between parts and add some mass to panels.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
-George Bernard Shaw
EsaT
Stacker Hacker

Postby aSASa on Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:51 pm

Thanks for responding;

Its not any fan. They are all fine [ except my PSU fan, but that doesn't matter as its not vibrating ]

So I think its just vibration from the fans causing it.
aSASa
Vortex Dreamer

Postby darra_69 on Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:52 am

i get that noise too mate, i havnt a clue what it comes from :/, but as you siad i just touch a panel and it goes away, it only happens on occasions and doesnt happen constantly so im not too conserned, but i would like to fix it if there was an easy fix :/ :|
Asus Rampage II extreme | i7 920 c0 @ 3.8ghz | Ocz Gold DDR3 16000mhz | Leadtek 9800gx2
CoolerMaster stacker 830(nvidia edition) | CoolerMaster 850w real power pro psu |
darra_69
CM Moderator

Postby aSASa on Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:14 pm

Thanks for responding.

Its "good" to know I'm not alone with this. Of course I don't want anyone else to have the problem, but, maybe more people = CM / other more apt to help :).
aSASa
Vortex Dreamer

Return to CASE