Installing top fan on HAF X 942

If you have technical questions regarding Cooler Master Products offering post here

Moderator: CM Moderator

Installing top fan on HAF X 942

Postby shagnat on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:58 pm

I am installing a 2nd 200mm fan in the top of my new HAF X 942. It was a total pain to get the screws into the case. I'll never be able to screw them back out due to stripping of the heads just to get this fan mounted. However, that's not my biggest problem now!

The top of the case will not fasten on the right front (facing the computer). It appears all the wiring that runs through that particular part of the case is preventing this from latching with the addition fan installed. I have NO issues if the fan isn't installed. So, what's up? How do I get this to work for me. Frustration has set in and I'm really tired of fighting this situation....... sorry for the rant, hope you can understand.

--shagnat
shagnat
Aerogate Geek

Re: Installing top fan on HAF X 942

Postby nickt1862 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:55 am

shagnat wrote:I am installing a 2nd 200mm fan in the top of my new HAF X 942. It was a total pain to get the screws into the case. I'll never be able to screw them back out due to stripping of the heads just to get this fan mounted. However, that's not my biggest problem now!

The top of the case will not fasten on the right front (facing the computer). It appears all the wiring that runs through that particular part of the case is preventing this from latching with the addition fan installed. I have NO issues if the fan isn't installed. So, what's up? How do I get this to work for me. Frustration has set in and I'm really tired of fighting this situation....... sorry for the rant, hope you can understand.

--shagnat

Hi shagnat,

I participate in other computer forums and this type issue comes up. This is a known problem to HAF X owners who try to install a second fan as the front panel wires and cables get in the way. Here's a thread I think you should read which addresses your issue.: http://www.overclock.net/computer-cases ... issue.html

Hope it helps.

nickt1862
nickt1862
Praetorian Soldier

Re: Installing top fan on HAF X 942

Postby neverXmiss on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:27 am

Here is an example on how the cables should be routed to allow that second top fan.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5807 ... 165012.jpg

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 @ stock
CPU Cooler: CM V8
Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe
GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 260 SLI
RAM: Corsair XMS 3 GB Triple Channel + Crucial Ballistix 3GB
PSU: CM Silent Pro 700W
Case: Storm Sniper Black Edition
--------
NA Division Live Chat
neverXmiss
CMUSA Customer Support