Question for Canadian CMStore customers regarding shipping

Where to buy, what's new, all other inquiries, please post here

Moderator: CM Moderator

Question for Canadian CMStore customers regarding shipping

Postby TM2-Megatron on Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:13 pm

There are a few small items I'd like to order from Cooler Master's parts store, but I'm hesitant to do so after seeing that couriers are their only shipping option. I've received a few packages from UPS and other companies before, and the brokerage fees they collect never fail to be almost criminal in their excessiveness. These aren't merely customs fees, which I've never objected to paying; these are $30+ fees in addition to the $20 you paid for shipping on an item that only cost $15-$25. I once received a UPS package with an item that I paid $120 for, and the brokerage fee was more than $70 (for some perspective, the Canadian sales tax rates at that time would have amounted to a mere $18 on the purchase amount, which means UPS was collecting over $50 in addition to what they'd already been paid for the shipping).

So what have been some Canadian customers experiences in dealing with the CMStore? Is there any way to get them to ship small items (because what I'd like to order is pretty small) via USPS, instead? I only deal with USPS and Canada Post these days, personally. If I do have to use UPS, I only do so for very large items and never select their Ground Shipping option, because that's the one which is subject to brokerage fees. I believe their other shipping options have brokerage built-in to the price, however those are only cost effective for very large and/or expensive items. And what I want from the CMStore is neither large nor expensive.
TM2-Megatron
Aerogate Geek

Re: Question for Canadian CMStore customers regarding shipping

Postby samoht25 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:06 pm

I understand your concern. We are currently getting the USPS option up and running for the customer. It will be available by the end of this month. As of right now UPS and FedEx are the only option we have.
samoht25
CM Moderator

Postby TM2-Megatron on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:32 pm

That's good to hear. Patience really is a virtue then, lol. I'll happily wait for the USPS option to appear, so that only CM, USPS and possibly customs gets my money.

USPS could really do with more business these days, anyway. I've never had a bad experience with them myself, and I've been receiving packages from the US for well over a decade.
TM2-Megatron
Aerogate Geek

Postby TM2-Megatron on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:05 am

Are there any updates on when the USPS option might be available for Canadian shoppers? It's well past the end of June, which was the stated time frame, now even approaching the end of July. I'd have hoped it would be up by now.
TM2-Megatron
Aerogate Geek

Postby samoht25 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:26 am

Unfortunately, we are still working on it, and will continue to do so. As of right now, there will be no USPS option in Canada. We apologize for any inconvenience.
samoht25
CM Moderator

Postby TM2-Megatron on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:51 am

That's unfortunate; but I guess I can buy elsewhere. $20 shipping for a $10 item (plus a probable $20 brokerage fee from UPS) really isn't a sensible purchase. Using USPS should, realistically, be simpler for all parties as far as small orders are concerned, so I'm not sure what could take so long in establishing that option considering you must already deal with USPS on a daily basis for many of your domestic shipments.
TM2-Megatron
Aerogate Geek

Return to North America Customer Support